I know it is a little late… But I have evidence that David and I study for the midterm and other stuff in the library on October 11! I sent the email on Thursday tho.
Team Hephaestus: David and Haolin
Wednesday October 25th 2017
Team Jupiter: Shiyin Zhao
Team Minerva: YongQi Li
Me (Natalie) and Qiyi from Team Vesta started out first midterm review study session on October 10th from 2:31pm to 4:16pm, in front of the West Quad Center. The second study session was on October 12th from 1:54pm to 4:26pm, in the Brooklyn College Library.
Today in order to better prepare ourselves for the midterm, Edyta, Bedirhan, and I ( Izadora) decided to have a study session on the second floor of the Brooklyn College library after class. Initially, it was kind of hectic because we realized there was a lot of content to cover and we had no idea where to start. Then as we settled down we decided to simply take it one note taking sheet at a time. At first, we covered the first note taking sheet we ever did, which was on Aphrodite. We started with the first because we covered that a very long time ago and we felt it merited to be reviewed more in-depth. At the end of our time in the library, I truly felt like the session was a huge success.
Julie Theodore and Gurleen Kaur – Team Venus
We studied on 10/25/2017 (Wednesday) from 12:27 pm – 1:29 pm in the Brooklyn College library.
Harry, Lauren, Shakiba, and Sumaiya – Team Vesta
We studied Wednesday (10/25) from 11:01 AM to 12:01 PM in the Brooklyn College Library.
Team Mercury: Masuma , Diana, Jamilex,
Study session was at Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 1:15 to 2:12
Location: the ground in front of the Library
Team Hestia- Carissa, Sharifa, Nicole, Gabriella, Oliver.
October 10, 11:08-12:19
Our team enjoyed studying together on Tuesday’s morning! Upcoming Midterm will probably be really difficult, so we as a team will try our best to prepare and get good grades.
Team members: Samantha, Stacy, Yuliya.
Some of the members from our team, Naim Nuvel, Mohammed Uddin and Estrella Roberts (Me), met up in the Brooklyn College Library on Friday, October 13th to study for the upcoming midterm.
lorOn Friday 13th, Team Juno studied together (in the library 3rd floor) for the midterm.
Team Juno: Ashley, Khilola, Samentha, Sadika, Sophie and Amirjon.
Our group finished the group activity pretty quick so we decided to study for the time remaining. Anyways, it’s never too early to study. We stayed at a room that we reserved for 2 hrs but some had to go to work. Here’s the selfie we took!
Team Saturn (David, Sheila, A.C. , Emma, Serena, and Hoky) studied at the Brooklyn College Library on the 3rd floor from 12:53 to 2:02 on October 14th.
Skaie -Team Leader
300 Movie Artemisia:
ARTEMISIA DEATH – 300 , 28 seconds
Notes: (5 bullet points)
- Bingham, Marjorie Wall, Susan Hill Gross, and Women In World Area Studies (Project). Women in European History and Culture. St. Louis Park, MN (6300 Walker St., St. Louis Park 55416): St. Louis Park, MN 6300 Walker St., St. Louis Park 55416 : Glenhurst Publications, 1983. Print.
- Blundell, Sue. Women in Ancient Greece. Array: Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard UP, 1995. Print.
- Connelly, Joan Breton. Portrait of a Priestess : Women and Ritual in Ancient Greece. Princeton: Princeton : Princeton UP, 2007. Print.
- Falk, Nancy Auer, and Rita M. Gross. Unspoken Worlds : Women’s Religious Lives in Non-western Cultures. San Francisco: San Francisco : Harper & Row, 1980. Print.
- Gardner, Jane F., and Sarah B. Pomeroy. Women’s History and Ancient History. Chapel Hill: Chapel Hill : U of North Carolina, 1991. Print.
- Goff, Barbara E. Citizen Bacchae : Women’s Ritual Practice in Ancient Greece. Berkeley: Berkeley : U of California, 2004. Print.
- Greene, Ellen. Women Poets in Ancient Greece and Rome. Norman: Norman : U of Oklahoma, 2005. Print.
- Hawley, Richard, Barbara Levick, and Oxford) International Conference on Women in the Ancient World (1st : 1993 : St. Hilda’s College. Women in Antiquity : New Assessments. London ; New York: London ; New York : Routledge, 1995. Print.
- Karanika, Andromache. Voices at Work : Women, Performance, and Labor in Ancient Greece. N.p.: Baltimore : Johns Hopkins UP, 2014. Print.
- Masterson, Mark, Nancy Sorkin Rabinowitz, and James (James E.) Robson. Sex in Antiquity : Exploring Gender and Sexuality in the Ancient World. N.p.: London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2015. Print.
- Plant, I. M. (Ian Michael). Women Writers of Ancient Greece and Rome : An Anthology. Norman: Norman : U of Oklahoma, 2004. Print.
- Rayor, Diane J. Sappho’s Lyre : Archaic Lyric and Women Poets of Ancient Greece. Berkeley: Berkeley : U of California, 1991. Print.
- Reeder, Ellen D., Antikenmuseum Basel Und Sammlung Ludwig, Md.) Walters Art Gallery (Baltimore, and Dallas Museum Of Art. Pandora : Women in Classical Greece. Baltimore, Md.: Baltimore, Md. : Trustees of the Walters Art Gallery in Association with Princeton UP, Princeton, N.J., 1995. Print.
- Saxonhouse, Arlene W. Women in the History of Political Thought : Ancient Greece to Machiavelli. New York: New York : Praeger, 1985. Print.
- Zhou, Yiqun. Festivals, Feasts, and Gender Relations in Ancient China and Greece. New York: New York : Cambridge UP, 2010. Print.
Team Leader: Emily Ryan
Team Recorder: Elene
Team Speaker: Zunaira
Emily, Zunaira, and Elene, Team Mars. Study session in the Library on October 13th from 1:59-3:05
Raine, Shamiso, Cameron, Rebecca, Shiyin, Fatema
We reserved a study room in the library on the second floor. We studied on October 13th, 2017 starting from 10:43 A.M. to 11:54 A.M.
Team Venus, we studied on the fourth floor of the library on October 13th from 12:52pm to 1:56pm
- Anthony Mancuso
Scott and Joseph, both from Team Cronos
Studying at the film department building (Behind the West Quad center) on the second floor in the lounge area, studying on October 10th from 12:26 pm to 1:34 pm, an hour and eight minutes. (You have to zoom in on the first photo to see the time if its hard to read)
Sean, Aiden, Frank, Ishmeal, Ivory
Study Session was October 10th, on the 3rd floor of the library for an hour and 15 minutes.
Richard Gyimah (Team Vulcan)
Mary Huang (Team Vulcan)
Mantaha Mannan (Team Vulcan)
Location: The Learning Center 10/10/17
Amirjon Karimov (Team Juno)
Hinda Haonikman (Team Mars)
Jenni Lo Pan (Team Hera)
Ahmed Khan (Team Mars)
Ashley Garcia (Team Juno)
Becky Chen (Team Hera)
Aaron Le-Montee (Team Mars)
We (Camille, Anora, Joyce, Daniel, and John) met in the library on October 10th!
Julie and Chanté , Team Venus in the library the first selfie was taken before we occupied the study room. Tuesday September 26th, 2017 from 4:05 to 5:19. We used the time filter on snapchat because the camera was not picking up the time when we held it up on our phone.